Maps & Renderings
Showings by Appointment: Steven@TeamMavromihalis.com
King Mountain, Kentfield, CA
This 140+ acre ridge top Shangri-La offers a rare opportunity for your client to build a legacy residential compound of unimaginable privacy, beauty, and sheer size in southern, unincorporated Marin County. 128 Ridgecrest Road is better known as King Mountain. The building envelope on a ridgeline atop of King Mountain has 360-degree panoramic views of the city of San Francisco, the towns and cities of the East Bay, and Marin, as well as unobstructed views of the Bay, Bridges, and of course, Mt. Tamalpias, and many of the Bay Area’s most prominent peaks, and surrounding open spaces.
Incredibly, the property is less than 20 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge, four miles from Highway 101, and yet it is completely private from all surrounding development. In addition to Redwood Groves, Madrones, Oaks, and other native Flaura and Fauna, the land enjoys direct access to hundreds of miles of hiking and riding trails and thousands of acres of open space.
King Mountain is fully vested and entitled, with approved plans for the construction of a legacy compound that includes a main residence, guest residence, caretaker’s home and other auxiliary buildings, as well as a large pond, access roads and pathways, vineyards, horse corrals, and elaborate water features. When complete, the King Mountain Estate will be like no other residential compound in the Bay Area.
King Mountain Property Details
- The building envelope sits atop the ridgeline of King Mountain, and is accessed through Kent Woodlands; while the land is in both the towns of Kentfield and Larkspur.
- The main build site has breathtaking, 360-degree panoramic views of much of the San Francisco Bay region from distant views of city skylines and bridges and the shimmering bay to the immediacy and majesty of Mount Tamalpias and the surrounding, undeveloped open spaces. Property highlights include Redwood groves, madrone forests and easy access to over 80,000 acres of open space, with a looped hiking trail around the property’s base.
- According to the Seller’s attorneys and consultants, the property is fully vested with approved planning and zoning entitlement for a new single-family residence, and accessory buildings totaling 35,000 square feet.
- The construction plans can be activated within a short time frame through the Marin County Community Development Agency and Marin County Building Permit agency.
- The vested entitlement also includes large areas for landscape and support structures for the exterior areas beyond dwelling improvements, which include a large pond, access roadways, vineyards, water runnel (300 lf), belvedere structure, horse corrals, pathways, and plantings.
- The remaining 110 acres are set aside as a private open space which cannot be developed with structures, and which incorporate a hiking trail with public access which is restricted to the width of the path.
- There are five water wells on site, one of which has been developed for construction, including tank storage.
- The inner sanctum of some 40-50 acres contains all the building envelopes and is completely fenced while two exit fire trails have been developed. Power is at entrance gate along with water, gas, and telephone.
- There is an agreement in place with the Public Water Utility so that public water can be delivered to the property at any time.
- The building envelope is accessed through two security gates.
- Planning and Zoning Documentation, Maps and Building Design Plans, and all Entitlement Records can be made available upon request.